CRM System Settings
Preparing your Microsoft Dynamics CRM system settings helps to tailor your application to best suit the needs of your business. A variety of settings, ranging from:
- Languages for the interface, and the application in general
- Calendaring and time zone settings
- Permissions and data privileges
- Email tracking settings
- Settings for activities, tasks and goals
- Establishing options for parent/child relationships between opportunities, cases and other entities
- Establishing available categories for reporting
- Auditing functions including both usage of the system, as well as the entities where the auditing takes place in the system
There are many more settings which Dynamics CRM settings configure the way CRM Online or On Premises behaves and servers up data to your Sales and Services teams. Knowing what the settings do, and how it will impact your overall CRM usability and the suitability to how you do business takes a skilled advisor.
These settings are quite simple to configure, however knowing where to locate them, what the settings mean from a “big picture”, overall system perspective takes the sort of advisory services which Surucas can provide.
In some cases, such as for e-mail templates, certain functions of the settings window can help to provide shared tools across your organization. The Settings window does benefit from context sensitive help in many cases, however experience often can put context behind settings, not to mention understanding of the repercussions of certain settings, and how the impact other functions of your system.
As Dynamics CRM evolves, checking back into your settings helps you to take advantage of new functionality. CRM settings are set on a company wide basis, however many of the functions can be personalized on an individual basis, to take advantage of the features like language and currency which might vary for regional employees or reps who are assigned to certain foreign countries and work in localized languages.
Here are some company-wide settings in Dynamics CRM which you should know about: